Tuesday 13 September 2011

Knee...

Well, I haven't posted in ages...
Had the first competitive League game Saturday before last and injured myself in the first minute. Played on because I thought it would go away, but I could tell it could give me trouble after the game. I brought myself off after 60 minutes because it was giving me problems. Next day(with a hangover after a big night out, which probably didn't aid my knee) I woke up with a swollen knee and it was pretty painful. Went to A&E the next day and turned out I'd torn the cartilage in my knee. The doctor didn't seem to think it was that bad, so I was pretty surprised when he said it may be up to 8 weeks until I can play Football again...
I'm going in tomorrow for a check and hopefully they'll say it won't be that long, but I'm pretty bummed as it is...
Bring on November!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jack! Yep, that's quite a bummer. Treat yourself nicely while you heal. Can you still hobble around well? Can you still do upper body weightlifting, or are you stuck from the soreness?

    :-) Marion

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can walk almost completely normally now, but I haven't tried any running/cycling/rowing. Haven't been to the gym at all so haven't really tried any exercise, other than those suggested by the hospital booklet thing. Will go to the gym in about a week to try running. I could do some weights now though!

    ReplyDelete