Thursday 18 August 2011

Feel the Burn

Thought I better post seeing as I haven't in a while. My loyal fan base must not know what to do with themselves. I definitely should be writing an essay, but this is a good way to put it off for a little longer.
Yesterday was Football training. Yesterday was a very hard session of Football training. It has been the only time I've remembered in a long time when I've actually not wanted to play a game of Football. After an hour and a bit of thigh burners, passing, heading, dribbling and control drills and sprints I was completely done, and so was the training, until someone suggested that we overrun and play a game as well. Normally I would be right up for it, but I literally wanted to die. My legs were in agony and I was completely out of breath. Though, after a couple of minutes of rest it seemed worth doing again!
It was the first time I'd done the thigh burners and sprints in the same session. The sprints were right at the end and the rest of the training had clearly taken it's toll on everyone there. The feeling after was very, very good though!
I ave neglected the gym AGAIN this past week, so I must go tomorrow and get burning some calories and getting my cardio fitness up! My excuse for this week is a hangover from a weekend in Wolverhampton lasting several days...

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jack! I'm glad you're getting that *torturous/great* feeling out of your football training! Good luck with your upcoming school year too.

    :-) Marion

    ReplyDelete