Monday 1 August 2011

Aching

The weekend just gone was a tiring one. On Thursday and Friday I got some runs in before Football on Saturday. On Thursday I wanted to try and recreate a game of Football on the treadmill, which isn't really possible, but I gave it a go anyway. It involved walking, slow jogging, fast jogging and sprinting(or as fast as I feel I can safely run on a treadmill) and it wasn't fun, but I need to be doing stuff like that, I feel.
On Friday I planned on doing a nice slow, easy run for about half an hour, but instead I did a faster than usual run for 25 minutes, but I was feeling ok on Saturday so I don't think I overdid it at all.

Saturday... Saturday was a good day, but a good day that went very slowly and quite painfully at times. I had work at 6.30 then finished at 10.30 and me and the boss went straight from there to Football to take part in the 8-a-side tournament. At first I thought I was going to have to play every game because we originally only had 8, but then we had 10 so I was worried I wouldn't get to play at all. However, our player manager did in his knee in the first game and one of the players went to play cricket after the second so I ended up playing every game but the first one.

I got put on the left wing, which I wasn't expecting, but I didn't end up doing too much attacking, mainly because I was worried I'd completely knacker myself out having to track back after sprinting all the way up. I had quite a lot of banter coming my way from some idiots who I'd been at school with sat at the side of the pitch and I also got hacked quite a few times  during the tournament. One guy gave me a kick as I went past him and got a good talking to from the ref. Still feeling that one. The hardest thing about the tournament was probably all the waiting in between games though. There was only one pitch and with ten teams involved we were waiting half an hour for each game. After the second game everyone started getting pretty stiff so we definitely weren't feeling 100% for most of it.

Anyway, we somehow managed to get ourselves through to the semis and went out to a team who I think are a league or two higher, so it wasn't bad at all after our performances at the start. I'm definitely still feeling it now and I wanted to go to the gym tonight but I'm not sure if it's a good idea.

Time to eat a pie...

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jack! Two of my kids played soccer (aka football). It is brutal! Those kicks, elbow jabs, running into each other, and landing on top of each other--that's not even counting all the running, body maneuvering, and the rest!

    I would personally go for pie vs. gym, since you worked out so hard already. Nothing wrong with taking a rest day.

    :-) Marion

    ReplyDelete