Thursday 28 July 2011

Panic

Been to the gym and a couple of times, including today, but am now really just doing running, exclusively. Someone on the Football team said he just wants me to do cardio to get fit. I'm not sure how serious he was being, but that's what is actually going to be useful to me so it is now going to be the majority of what I do at the gym.
My visit today was a Football related run and it wasn't particularly fun. I mixed in sprints with fast running, slow running and walking, but nothing for any more than 2 minutes. I did it for 45 minutes and was pretty tired at the end, which isn't great, but at least I lasted up to then.
I'm playing my first ever matches with the team this weekend and I'm pretty nervous. It's an 8-a-side tournament on full size pitches and the matches are all 10 minutes. As far as I know, there are only 8 of us going, so I'm going to have to play every game and I'm probably going to be completely knackered after 2... or maybe the first 1... I haven't got any skills in the locker to impress and gloss over the heavy panting, so I'll just have to defend stoutly and try not to make any mistakes.
I've just had a pie(and some weird 'gravy' I made to go with it... it was strange) to put back on any calories I've burnt off and am about to go on a drive with Mum. However much it'll be great to have the freedom of driving, I still dread each time I go out... But I'm 21 and it's getting silly.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jack! Good luck on your matches!

    :-) Marion

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck brah :D You're a great footballer, I'm sure you'll be alright x

    ReplyDelete