Sunday 3 July 2011

Naughty Week...

Oh dear, so after a weekend of naughtiness I thought I'd got my exercise back on track. After one day of that seeming true, I ended up spending 3 days at my mate's house. Not only did we go in to town two of those three nights, we also had pizza for tea every night and food in town after the night out. I spent way too much money and have let myself down a bit. I'm going to try and avoid going out for a week because I want to avoid drinking, but also because I don't think I can afford it.
What I can afford is going to the gym! I went yesterday, but I was pretty hungover so it wasn't the most productive session. I did try that crazy 8s thing I've mentioned before and I just about managed to do it. I had to stop briefly on the way down but a friend drove me on. It was horrible, but I might put that down to being hungover and having already done all the other thigh weight machines in the gym because some guy was just sat on the leg press doing nothing for ages...
I really didn't feel like a run as I thought I'd be sick, so I just tuck with the leg weights and then went on the cross-trainer for a bit at the end because I've never used it before. It feels a bit weird to me, so maybe it takes a bit of getting used to?
Time to start eating better again and that can start today! Bring on a run tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jack! I also just wrote a post about being disappointed in myself--that ends with a good result. Everyday is a new day with no mistakes in it yet. So just get back on the wagon. One good day and you'll feel back on track.

    New exercises can feel quite awkward. Make sure you have the correct form (ask your trainer if unsure) and then practice eventually makes it comfortable.

    :-) Marion

    ReplyDelete