Friday 6 May 2011

Powercut

I woke up yesterday morning wondering one; why had I been sleeping on my phone, and two; why I couldn't switch my CD player on. We quite commonly get power shortages in my house, but you can normally just flip the switch back on. However, after forcing myself out of bed(or, sofa, because the actual bed of my sofa bed is horrible), I realised it was a full blown powercut. This terrified me because I have a lot of work to do that's in for very soon and I really didn't want to go back to Uni sooner than I had to.
I'd just had breakfast so I couldn't go straight to the gym, but I decided I'd leave it an hour and then go, assuming the gym would probably be in full working order, despite being less than a mile away. Luckily, we got power back just before I left, which calmed my nerves, but when I arrived at the gym their power was still down. This meant no working treadmill and defeated the point of me going to the gym really... I still had to pay the full £4.20 for it's services and thought I might as well go in because I'd walked up. I ended up doing just a 20 minute random hill session on the bike, 2.5km rowing and then some tricep work. Wasn't the best gym trip, but I guess it was better than being sat at home doing nothing, which is what I'm doing today. Though, I say nothing, but what I really mean is being sat in front of the computer looking blankly at the horrible piece of work I'm trying to do that makes absolutely no sense to me whatsoever and that I have to present in 3 days...

No comments:

Post a Comment