Thursday 26 May 2011

Work, work, work

So, I haven't been around recently to update you on my thrilling life because I've had lots of Uni work on! I made the usual mistake of being too casual with my work over Easter and not doing any until the last week of the holidays. This left me in a bit of a pickle as I found out 5 days before a hand-in that it was in a week earlier than I thought. Cue getting up early and working late in to the night for 5 days.

After this I had 4 more assignments that I hadn't done much on, so the next week and a half consisted of work the majority of the time, stopping for either a game of Football (this being the only exercise I did) or going to the shop to get some horribly unhealthy snacky food. In fact, over the two weeks I was back at Uni doing my work, I didn't cook for myself once, apart from a couple of pizzas in the oven. Awful!

The thing that stopped me going mad through this was Football. I probably played about 8 times over two weeks, including a five-a-side tournament at Uni, which was awesome! We got through the group stage, but were then drawn one of the Uni Football teams and were thrashed 4-0. Still, it was great!

Anyway, Summer holidays are here now and the only work I to worry about is my job at the Co-Op (and an annoying essay in for August, but that's aaaaaages away), which I will be starting again soon. Joy.

Time to be healthy again! Or so I thought. It hasn't really gone to plan just yet, but I did go to the gym for a 7.2 mile run and 2.5km row yesterday, so that's good! The quiche for lunch today was probably a mistake though. None of my friends are back from Uni, so I won't be going out much for a few weeks, but apparently today is a write off because I am also going to a pub quiz with my one mate who is home. Bring on the burger and chips and lovely calorific ciders!

No comments:

Post a Comment