Friday 3 June 2011

Finally

So, after faffing about for a week, I finally got myself together and went to the gym. The excuse I've made to myself is that "Oh, there's a week left until the offer, so I'll go then". Obviously, I could have done some exercise at home...
Anyway, I've joined up for 3 months for the very respectable price of £40 off-peak! I'm hoping to go at least 3 times a week and I should also be playing Football at least once a week. If I keep to this I'll have a fantastic beach bod for when I don't go on holiday...
Anyway, I went along today and joined up, disappointed that the lovely lady staff member wasn't at reception and had my first go at interval training. I didn't follow any sort of plan and probably did it completely wrong. 1 minute at 7.5 mph then 30 seconds at 9 mph and so on. I did this for about 20 minutes and was pretty tired. The main reason I want to do this is to get fit for Football so that I might have enough confidence to join a team.
I went with a mate and he was using all the weights, so after a go on the bike I did a few leg weights.
Doing the thigh and calf weights at the gym makes me feel really good about myself because I, for some reason, have really strong legs and can do the heaviest quads weight. If only my fitness was as strong as my legs :|
I didn't come out of the gym feeling knackered, but that's probably because I did a few casual planks/stomach-based exercise at the end and didn't properly push myself.
Now I'm home I've put all the calories back on with a couple of BLTs and will probably add to that with something fattening for tea. I'm thinking Enchiladas?

No comments:

Post a Comment