Wednesday 22 June 2011

Day 3

Look at that, it's Wednesday. Last night was a reet laff, though, we turned up at my mate's house at 6 cause he said come round any time after 6, and he wasn't even there... His Mum let us in and said we could hang around, but we opted to go to the Pub for a few cheeky pints and to keep my mate company who works there. 6 hours later and I've had many-a-drink and we ended up driving to McDonalds for a healthy treat... My calorie count for yesterday is not a nice site.
Today is the day that I must make up for this. I'm already half way there, having been to the gym. I started off with a bit of a hill run. The random hill setting on the treadmill is strange. I'm not sure I like the machine dictating the pace for you...
That was pretty knackering, so I had a nice little chat about people's knees, as you do, and then did my favourite leg weights, followed by every other leg weight in the gym. A mate in there set me the challenge of upping one of my weights on a machine by a couple of notches and I was surprised to find I could do it. I think I've said it already, but I love my legs :D
I had to wait a while to use one of the machines because there was a girl sat on it who I'm pretty sure wasn't doing anything at all. I also chucked in some press-ups and leg raise crossover thingies for a bit of core workout and then wandered on home. I say wandered, but I was actually given a lift. Lucky I did some stretches, eh?
Just had an omelette and am very surprised at how low in calories they can be! I was going to cook my own tea at 5/6ish, but the Step Dad assures me that the curry he's planning on making won't be too late and tat I shouldn't do that. I won't be surprised if it is ready after 7.30 though.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jack! I'm not surprised that you can do more on some machines than you thought. A few years ago, I experimented by not looking at the weight amount at all on the machines and found out that I was much stronger than anyone thought.

    There is a lot of mind game regarding what weight amount a person chooses for themselves. Don't be afraid to be stronger than you currently think you are.

    :-) Marion

    ReplyDelete