Saturday 11 June 2011

Landmark

Today is a good day! Today is the first time I have ever reached the 8 mile mark. I think I could have run further, as I was only doing 10 minute miles, but I decided to listening to the 'no more than 10% increase' rule. I did a 'sprint' finish(6.30 minute miles) at around 7.75 miles and I was quite pleased that I managed to do that for just over a quarter of a mile. I did some triceps and chest weights as well but that was more because I thought I should do something else.
Now to chill for the rest of the day. I kind of want to do some more exercise, or buy something exercise related or, shock horror, even go to work! I actually had my first shift back at the Co-Op for about a year and a half after I stopped at the start of my first year of Uni cause it was a bit of a pain going back all the time. There's quite a lot of new staff but the people I worked with yesterday were way cool. The good and bad thing about working in a village is that you know a lot of the people. It makes the job easier because you can have a bit of idle chat but it also means you have to make an effort to talk to everyone all the time. Apparently I'm liked though cause a lot of people commented on my return. I was only meant to be doing a 5 hour shift but it turned in to 8 hours because someone didn't turn up. Couldn't have been any less busy really though so it was an easy evening's work.
Tomorrow is another day of work and back to the ol' Sunday shifts, but not starting at 6am this time. I used to like those shifts though really because I really dislike working evenings. I hate IDing people as it makes me feel really uncomfortable. I can't imagine many lairy 16 year olds coming in between 11 and 6 on a Sunday to be all of the beers though so I'll probably be alright. The thing I'm looking forward to tomorrow though, sort of, is my first training aimed specifically at Football. I'm gonna go down to one of the school Football pitches and sneak in like a ninja(not everyone can climb a stile) and run the length then sprint the width as many times as I can, I'm really quite excited to get fit for Football!
Anyway, after having a delicious cheese and tomato sandwich, I am going to have a bath to sooth my calves!

No comments:

Post a Comment