Tuesday 21 June 2011

Day 2

So yesterday I said that I want to start going to the gym 5 times a week, and I've decided that I'm going to go every weekday(who knows, maybe I'll go on the weekend too?).
Second day in and all is going well, as I just got back. I got up at 10 to have some breakfast and then went to the gym at just gone 12. I was thinking about doing a long run, but when I got there I decided I'd do a shorter run at a faster pace, so I ended up doing 5.25 miles at 8.30 m/m and then 'sprinted' the last 30 seconds or so. Then I went on to do a load of upper body stuff and ended up feeling quite sick. I'm not sure if it's because I hadn't left long enough since eating(though an hour and a half must be enough?) or because I wasn't used to doing all the upper body stuff/I worked too hard. I feel really good though and I feel like I'm doing more complete workouts now and that if I keep this up I'll be working towards a more toned body all over, which is what I would like!
Also, I'm quite proud of myself because I went to the pub last night and managed to avoid drinking alcohol completely! I did have three pints of diet coke, which I know is still bad, but I'd prefer to be drinking that than 5 pints of Ashton Press. I am, however, going to my mate's pre-Glastonbury barbecue and will definitely be drinking at that. I'll see as a reward for avoiding it yesterday though :)
Hopefully I won't be too hungover for the gym tomorrow!

2 comments:

  1. I usually don't eat at all before working out. But when I get a puke-y gut feeling after working out, that usually means I had a really good AB day. But not enough info to analyze your situation.

    :-) Marion

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had two pieces of toast with peanut butter on and a small glass of innocent smoothie. It doesn't really seem like it should be that. I was fine after 5 minutes though. If I would have carried on I may well have thrown up though hah.

    ReplyDelete