Friday 24 June 2011

Day 5

Yeaaaaaaah! 5 days in a row complete! It's a nice feeling. I don't think I'll be doing this every week, in fact, I probably shouldn't? I am feeling quite sore. but I would like to come 5 times a week, just broken up by days off.

I was probably going to meet my mate there, but I fell asleep for a bit and was a bit later than I meant to be. Pretty gym lady was at reception when I got there. She's very pretty... pretty. First off I went on a run at 8.30 minute miles for 5.7 miles. I could feel that I'd been 4 days in a row previously as I felt generally sore, but nothing was too painful so I carried on and was able to pull out a 1 minute 'sprint' finish thing at the end. After that I did the usual run through all of the leg weights.

I went to get a drink at one point and one of the staff members was in there so I asked what I could do to increase the workout for my thighs because I can do the highest weights on one of the machines. He suggested doing something called 'crazy 8s', which involves starting at the lowest weight, doing 8 reps, and then moving up through every weight and back down again. The only break you're meant to have is when you stop to change the weight. Sounds horrible, but a challenge :)

I've been pestered about going out tonight, but I really don't fancy working with a hangover tomorrow and I'm going out Saturday night, but either way, the next 2-3 days aren't going to be great for my health  because I'm going to a gig in Cardiff on Sunday with me Mum and we're going to Pizza Express beforehand! Cashhback!

I bought some strawberries and bananas after work earlier so I might make a smoothie now! Nom nom nom!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jack! Well, you did a LOT of exercise in 5 days. You don't have to do quite that much within 5 days. You will eventually quit getting so sore. But the bright side, you're improving by leaps and bounds. I bet that's great.

    Have you heard of a cardio sandwich? It is a weightlifting technique where you warm up with a 5 minute warmup of intense cardio (the top bun) and then you do your weightlifting (the meat) and then you finish with the rest of your cardio (bottom bun). You might try this on certain workout days each week when you want to save most of your energy for weightlifting, because if you always do that much running before you start weightlifting, you've used a lot of your energy before you even start weightlifting and it won't be as powerful. So some days could be running as first priority and others could be weightlifting as first priority. Do you know what I mean? Just an idea.

    :-) Marion

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I read that on your blog(I very much enjoy your training thingies, by the way). I have kind of employed that on one or two days, just running a short, slightly intense run beforehand, but not really done a run after as well.

    ReplyDelete