Tuesday 7 June 2011

Home Alone

I have been home alone now for the last 9 days as my Mum and Step Dad have gone to Sri Lanka for 10 days. I normally look forward to looking after the house, but this time has been extremely tedious. For the first 5 days there was no one around as the majority of my mates are still at Uni, though I have had someone round most nights. The main problem has been the dogs as they are driving me insane. One of them insists on peeing on the floor most days, which often ends in me having soggy socks. Both of them ripped up the bin bags outside and scattered rubbish everywhere and one of them barks WAY too much. I love them, but I really wish they'd shut up!
I'm afraid I may be killing half of the plants as well. I've been watering them all, but probably not enough. I'm definitely not made for gardening.
Anyway, yesterday I was meant to go to the gym in the evening, and I did. My mate came down at about 7 and we watched some really exciting *cough* cricket and then went down to the gym. I don't like going at night because it's normally busier and I often see people I know. It's nice to see people, but I often feel judged when people I know are at the gym. The main reason I sometimes go with friends is because it's much harder to make an excuse not to go if they're picking me up.
We couldn't stay for that long because my mate's sister had had an induction and probably didn't want to be there for 3 hours, but as it turned out, she was there for 2 and a half hours. No idea what she did all that time.
I wanted to do a shorter run at a faster pace than I'd normally go, so I set off at 7mph, which I believe is 8.37 minute miles. I'd normally do 10 minute miles so it's quite a bit faster than when I've run for 7 miles. I ran this for around half an hour and then ended with a 9mph 'sprint' finish for a minute or so. I ended doing over 4 miles and was quite happy with it. My mate said he wanted to go in 5 minutes, so I did a quick random hill thing on the bike which was HORRIBLE!
Even though it was a short sesh, I felt quite good about it. I threw it all away last night though by having a couple of mates over and drinking too much...

No comments:

Post a Comment