Tuesday 12 April 2011

New Route!

So today I tried running on the cycle path for the first time. After having a wander yesterday, I felt I knew which was the best way to run there. I also thought that my iMST app would measure the distance for me, but it decided it didn't want to(though, it was probably something I did wrong).

When my alarm went off I somehow justified putting getting up off for another 15 minutes, and then eventually forced myself up and had my banana. I set off on my run at my normal pace of about 8 minute miles, which was fine for a while.

I was slightly worried that I'd go wrong somewhere and miss the cycle path like I did on my walk yesterday but, after about 7 minutes of running, I found it. This gave me a boost, but it didn't last long as I started to flag. I had to slow down, but this turned out to be a good thing. Running at something around a 10 minute mile was much more comfortable and I kept it up for the rest of the run.

I've tried to run at a slower pace before, but I get a bit self-conscious and think people will judge me. Without all the cars driving past I didn't seem to worry. Probably because everyone else on the cycle path is exercising ans they know that not everyone can run at superhuman pace!

I got back to my door feeling knackered, but that's mainly because of the nasty hill just before my house. I did NOT enjoy that! Despite being knackered, I felt very good about the run as a whole and the fact that I'd run 36 minutes, my longest yet, and probably could have run for longer. As my app didn't want to work I don't know exactly how far it was. But it must have been between 3.5-4 miles. Yay!

After that, some lovely cold buttered toast, nom nom noms! Now for lectures and revision all day, or more likely an hour of Facebook and then back to my house...

No comments:

Post a Comment