Monday 11 April 2011

Wayward Walk

Today is a 'day off' (not that I run particularly hard anyway, hah), but I decided that, instead of sitting inside all day, I'd go for a walk.
When I started, I pictured a nice straight long walk along what I thought was the cycle path. As it turned out, it wasn't, it was just a path along the river, which ended up leading me in to a field and then a road going in the wrong direction...
Retracing my steps, I realised I hadn't crossed a bridge that I needed to. After doing this, it still turned out to be the wrong bloody way and I spent 20 minutes walking across a different field that I thought was a bit of the cycle path until I hit the actual cycle path and followed it back towards my house.
Turned out to be an 8km walk that I'm very happy I went on. I also now know where the cycle path is and can start running there to avoid cars going by shouting abuse at me. People are lovely.

No comments:

Post a Comment