Wednesday 27 April 2011

Gym Win

Today was the day that I ran again. I was going to get up at 7.30 and go at 8.30 or something. That didn't happen. Instead, I got over to the gym at about 11 and, after buying a bottle of water because I stupidly forgot to bring my own, got on the treadmill.

I thought that I would probably run about two miles and then be knackered, but it went much better than that! I stuck my hoodie over the monitor(I always find that seeing my distance and time makes me get tired much faster) and ran at 10 minute miles. I clearly run too fast normally, because running at that pace was really comfortable. I still started to tire and got stitches, but it felt good. I got myself in to a nice breathing pattern as well and felt really happy with how it was going.

After a while I decided that I better stop before I get completely knackered because I wanted to cycle and row as well. When I took my top off it revealed that I had run 6.5 miles! I was so happy to see that, mainly because I'd been running for 65 minutes. After that I cycled for 10 minutes and then rowed 2.5km, just for a bit of a warm down and to work my upper body a bit.

I felt absolutely brilliant and was buzzing when I got home. Though I didn't feel so great when I went to play Football a couple of hours later. My legs clearly weren't happy with me, and I'm bloody stiff now, but what a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment